Green River College Foundation scholarships may only be used for tuition, fees, books and required supplies at Green River College.

Frequently Asked Questions Completing your profile on TheWashBoard.org 

  • How much of my WashBoard.org profile needs to be complete?
    • Only required fields must be completed; your profile will not be 100% complete. When you try to save your profile, a red X will appear next to any required information.
  • What about required fields that don't really apply to me?
    • It is okay to put "does not apply" even in a required field
  • This is my first quarter in college, and I don't have a GPA. What should I put in the GPA field?
    • If you have no GPA, enter a 2.0; we will correct your information based on the rest of your application before the scholarship committee reviews it.   
  • What should I select in the "College Plans" section?
    • In the "College Plans" section, under "what types of school are you considering?" Green River College is a Public 2-year Community/Technical College.
  • Should I answer the essay questions in the Personal Statement area of my profile?
    • No, you should attach your essay response as a separate document. For the Green River College Foundation scholarship application, you may write "See attached essay" in the Personal Statement area.  
    • You may use the Personal Statement area for a shorter response; this may be used by other scholarship providers.

Your Green River College Foundation Scholarship Application on TheWashBoard.org     

  • What if I don't see the Green River College Foundation Scholarships in My Matches?
    • Enter "Green" in the search box at the top of the page.
  • Which application should I be completing? 
    • Green River College Foundation Scholarships- Students attending Green River College in Fall 2017- Spring 2018
    • Green River College Foundation Completion Scholarships - ONLY students who will complete their studies at Green River in Summer 2017. Preference will be given to programs of study that require Summer attendance.
    • Green River College Foundation Transfer Scholarships - Students who are completing their studies at Green River in Spring 2017 and are attending University of Washington, Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Western Washington University, or Washington State University in Fall 2017- Spring 2018.
  • Where do I attach my essay, letters of recommendation, and transcript?  
    • At the bottom of the Additional Requirements section there are instructions for attaching files.
  • I turned in my letter of recommendation at the Financial Aid Office, but the application requires a letter of recommendation attached. What should I do?
    • Attach a document explaining where you turned in your letter(s) of recommendation; include the date you turned them in. This meets the requirement for an attachment, and tells us where to look for your letter(s).
  • What if I have not attended school in the last 5 years? 
    • A transcript is a required attachment. If you are not able to include a transcript, please attach a document explaining why it is not attached.
  • How do I attach my Green River College grade transcript to the application?

If you are unable to complete the application online, printed applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. If you are unable to upload your letter(s) of recommendation or transcript(s), you may submit them to: 

Financial Aid Office - SA 231

Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA  98092

The essay, letter of recommendation and transcript are required attachments on TheWashBoard.org application. If you submit them to the Financial Aid Office, please attach a document explaining where you have submitted them; include the date you turned them in.